Dee Mehl Ban, grew up in St. Louis, Missouri and is a musician, teacher and historian.
Dee has a passion for folk music, American History, and teaching. Since 1997, she has sung in many venues including: The Missouri History Museum, public and private schools: K-12 and college, educational conferences, historical societies, public libraries, Children's Hospital, folk life festivals, community centers, independent living retirement centers, churches, camps, and homes.
With enough lead time, Dee is happy to research and prepare new programs.
Dee's education, training and affiliations:
• BA American History Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota
• MAT Science Education Webster University, Webster Groves, Missouri
• Member of the Missouri Arts Council
• Member of the Teaching Artists Project
• Certified Teacher
• Years of piano and violin lessons which made her a self-taught autoharp player
Dee is married to her wonderful husband, David, and has two happily married grown sons and delightful grandchildren.